Missing !

Dear blog readers,

It’s been some time since I last blog, probably it’s due to the busy schedule once again. I am begging for forgiveness here. =_) Any way, I would say this hectic moments in life, there is bound to have some thing interesting or some thing unusual to be more exact; happening. You would probably ask what is there that would be interesting ? Isn’t life all about dull dreadful suffering? Think again, You would probably say that because you do not enjoy every thing that you’re doing right now. But if you make full use and appreciate what you’re doing right now, trust me its not that suffering after all.

Okay cut the story short, let me start by saying I am finally working for starbucks after so much about saying it. And I am officially a trained barista. And the location of my work place is at the old starbucks outlet in up town which is Up Town 1 in Damansara Utama. Do drop by and support me when you’re around the area alright. I’ll make sure I get you a good coffee =_) *That’s if I’m on shift alright*.

Other than working in starbucks in the afternoon, I am a teacher by the day in my old primary school ( Yuk Chai). It’s no doubt hard having to wake up in the morning, but trust me, it’s indeed fun learning how to cope and tolerate with students, and of cause lots of psychology being applied while teaching them. And I really mean it. And never make your students hate you or else….. enough said. Any way, I know some of you would be asking why the hell are you working your self out. And why starbucks while now as a teacher it would be much easier to teach tuition? Okay the answer is that first I wanted a different environment since if you know me well, I don’t stay very long on one thing. And tend to search for some thing challenging and so I thought starbucks would be a good place for some thing challenging and I am right, its not easy memorizing to make beverages . The steps and the portion of how much is to how much of the ingredients to put into a coffee. Besides that starbucks would be a stepping stone for me to overcome hardship. So I thought why not have a try.


And its not that bad after all working in starbucks, we’re all a family in starbucks. Big brothers and sisters I have there. And its indeed true , Starbucks is a third place for not only those who come for coffee but to those who are there to serve coffee as well. And to those who are not used to cleaning at home, Trust me you would have to clean every single that is being told Because its part of training. My parents more of my mom had been complaining about me cleaning starbucks more than the cores I do at home. But who would do when you have a maid that does every things at home for you? Things are very different since you’re under supervision of others, therefore, even if you say you do not want to do, you would still have to do. This is best for people who are like princess at home. I am indeed referring to my self. :-) And now, I have an extra talent and that is knowing the art of making and appreciating coffee. Isn’t it good? Getting two birds with only one stone?

By the way did I mention I am teaching English and music? Yes you’re hearing it right, I am teaching ENGLISH AND MUSIC…. Incase if you think that’s impossible, haha, you’re so wrong. And guess what I my self didn’t know I could teach and not normal math and all, but English. Never thought I can, but it proves that I actually can when you put your heart and soul in it.


Haha… Alright enough of what I had been currently doing most of the time , but what’s more important and that of excites me most is the coming election . No doubt it doesn’t affect me physically, but I try to . And that it’s by volunteering my self to distribute out leaflets. Engaging my self more of this has always been my passion. But for now this much is what I can do as I’m not 21 yet. Contributing little by little. I am darn hoping that this coming election would change some thing. Its too much of “them” corrupting the country. And talking so much about helping the BUMIS, shit “them”, every single Malay in the country except those “Dato and Datin” are suffering of poverty. So much of helping them going down the drain. And the only thing now we can do is to vote them out in order to have a better tomorrow of Malaysia. Okay enough of this. Don’t want to get arrested by the ISA. Since voicing out our rights are “wrong” in the first place, “Freedom” we call it huh?


Before I end this post, I would like to remind those who are able to vote, please do vote with intelligence, wisdom and mindfulness.

And lastly, would like to end it with some thing my dad wrote on how a Buddhist especially or any other people should vote.



Dear friends in the Dharma,




The 12th General Election is to be held soon. This is a great opportunity for me to do `dana'. Why do I say it's dana? Because with right understanding and right mindfulness I will help to vote in a good Government who will rule this country harmoniously with love and compassion for everybody. Don't you think it's a great meritorious deed? Every single vote cast is going to decide the destiny of this country.


My Criteria for a good election candidate are the followings:


(1) Upholds religious freedom. Supports Interfaith dialogues. Against irresponsible demolition of places of worship.

(2) Protection and conservation of the Environment. Will not collaborate with businessmen in the name of development.

(3) Should not be sexist and have mutual respect for the genders. Will not use derogative words in or out of Parliment.

(4) Will fight for equal opportunities for all in business, employment, education, welfare, etc irregardless of race and religion.

(5) Recognise that crime is growing unabated. Ac hoc action is not the solution. A detailed study is needed to understand
the underlying causes and to propose solutions.

(6) Against corruption. This has infected all sectors of society, even the Judiciary.

(7) Fight for a clean and strong Judicial system independent of the administrative and the legislative systems.

(8) Repeal the UUCA (University and University Colleges Act) so that our students who will be future leaders can develop
their mind and think critically without interference from politicians.

(9) Repeal the ISA (Internal Security Act). Malaysia is still using this draconian Act to muffle its dissidents in this Cyber Age.

(10) Recognise that the NEP (New Economic Policy) has been hijacked and deviated from the original aim of restructuring
society. Its implementation has turned racist and has caused disharmony among the races. This has retarded the
growth of our nation.



On this 8th of March 2008, I will support all the candidates who subscribe to the above irregardless of race, religion, gender
and political parties ( DAP, PAS, PKR or even BN etc.).

On this day I will not be swayed by sweets and promises and propaganda from the mass media (TV, papers, etc.) for I will be
using my mind critically to vote for growth, peace and equality



K A L A M A S U T T A

Do not simply believe what you hear just
because you have heard it for a long time.

Do not follow tradition blindly merely
because it has been practised in that way
for many generations.

.......................................................
.......................................................
.......................................................
.......................................................


Do not be convinced of anything out of
respect and deference to your spiritual
teachers.



The Buddha




Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu



CTLee
( A student of the Dharma )

22th Feb. 2008




-theunexplainable-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sUnDay tHe 15th -aPRil 2007

DOGGIE

-Another weekenD-