Ending and starting of new

Its already the first day of July 2010. Time has passed without much notice. And that July has arrive, my remaining time in Malaysia for this summer is almost coming to an end. The fact that I did not do much makes me sort of rueful. Perhaps its just me since I like achieving every thing and any thing possible given my free time.

Well never the less, I think I did do my best in achieving what I have planned, which is to spend amplest time with my family, exploring sides of Malaysia that I have yet to discover, and lastly to reunite with friends and relatives.

Though, I think there's more that I should and could have done like acquiring more knowledge even thought I did finished up a couple of books from Jim Rogers. I regret not starting earlier on reading his books, they are highly inspiring yet educational in terms of Financial sector. His studies on all the parts of country he has visited is just so in depth that one will be shock just by looking at the graphs and charts he has plot. His book the" Investment Biker" is in fact a more well versed book compared to the other book" A gift to my children" that I also read.

You will see in his Investment Biker's book on graphs, charts, the profit and venue of companies the countries he has traveled and reasons why; backing up with fact and figures he think a certain company is doing well. The Investment Biker's book is a more comprehensive book on what he thinks a good company and good stock should look like or have, and of cause backing up with what he call "the home work" he's done.

The other book " A gift to my Children" , he wrote to dedicate to his 2 daughters who are still in their prime age is a more relaxing book that relates more to the lessons he learned in life. More of rules and regulation that he's advising his daughters to refrain from making the same mistakes he did.One part where he mention, if you're not an expert in a certain field make sure you do all sort of research and find out every thing you can before you commit in buying or getting it. He purchased a "Diamond" while he was over in Africa (If I remember correctly) and from a few hundred thousand to just 500 dollars , he thought he had got a good deal, but to only found out that he wasn't buying Diamond but some African Glass. He admit to his mistake but not because he wasn't an expert but because he did not find out more about Diamonds before going ahead and purchasing it.

All in all, I do find Jim Roger's book very inspiring, in fact more of a novel than a typical reference book i would say. A highly recommended book to gain inspiration and learn from.

Lastly a quote from his "A gift to my Children" book

"If any question why we died , tell them because our fathers lied. "


cheers ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sUnDay tHe 15th -aPRil 2007

DOGGIE

-Another weekenD-