Grandpa & Grandma

Hem was woken up by dad's phone call this morning from sleep... Hem... must be thinking y my dad called such early in the morning since he could have just went to my room n do so... Hem, here's the catch my family went out for some outing organised by my mom's company... N since it was suppose to be a family outing, u must be wondering how cum i'm not with them... Hem, here's it... I'm suppose to stay at home n study... hehe... ANOTHER exam's coming up soon... Fast izn't it? haha... I know... But i guess i'm immune to it already....Any way, why did dad called ? To wake me up from sleep to ask me study? haha... Wrong.... It was becuz my grandpa's car got problem ... He's car couldn't start... N i was asked to go n help out... They were there helping as i thought they would be there already having their outing... So any way, dad called to ask me help my grandpa out so that they could go off as they were already quite late for the event... So there go i went helping my grandpa out...

I jumped out the bed without even washing up wore a jacket n went out... It was near by my house that he parked his car... Upon reaching there... My dad was there already trying to help.. But i seems that it wasn't working... Then my grandpa was like opening here n there... N my mom was helping to start the car... I felt very helpless as i know nuts about cars... I mean car parts n all... Then within a minute, my grandpa successfully got the car start... But i could c he was very worried n was looking like he was in a hurry as he was suppose to go to my uncle's warehouse now to help out... i could c the worried face of his really hoping that the just start it self... N when he opened the parts of the car, his hand was like shivering n all... It just got me thinking about my grandpa now... I was once very close to him until few years ago when i was bz with schools n exam that i hardly went back to my mom's home town... N ever since the pass away of my grandmother, he's been very lonely n that now we even hardly go back... Its like twice a year? or even less than that...U could see all his veins all coming up trying to fix the car... With his weaker body now... He's got him self injured a few times already this month... I'm beginning to get worried about him... He's always very caring to us... He would always advice us on things which we should n shouldn't do... N he's always very understanding... Remembering last time, we would go back very often to see my grandparents as last time the business now that my uncle's running used to be their occupation where they run it in my mom's home town-sekinchan which is a town it self after kuala selangor...He would always treat us with ice-creams, sweets n all as he know that my parents doesn't allowed us to eat those... Even thought i know that those are not very healthy food, but at least he got us happy for our childhood period...How i wish those time didn't passed...

Now that my uncle took over the business, its been shifted to klang as my uncle thinks that a small town like sekinchan will only degrade his status of being a graduate from taiwan n USA.... Some time this just pisses me off.... Come to think of it, pls remember how u actually got the money to go N further us studies in the two countries.... It was also from the earnings from selling all the F&N drinks.... F***ing fella....

N now that he takes over the business, he doesn't seem to improve the business as other degree holder does... In fact even make it worst... With his more educated mind of thinking , it should be better compared to my grandfather who's only got his education up to secondary level.... Its really saddening to see the business dying... This business was started by my grandparents... My grandpa was a taxi driver before he started off this business... The money he got to start this business was all from the earning as a taxi driver... I heard from my mom that he was a very hard working taxi driver... He would go out early in the morning as early as 4-5 to go down to K.L to get passengers... N would come back late at night and some times passed midnight... The sufferings n trouble he went through was worth it as now he could be consider a successful business man before the took over of company by my uncle.... N that, before he was a taxi driver he was a coffee shop boy where he would make coffee n toast bread of those days... He was actually considered from a middle class family in china... Later when his dad, my great grandpa was sent to malaya at that time to teach as he was a teacher... My grandpa followed here to study as well... But a few years later when my great-great grandma was ill, my great grandpa went back to take care of her, leaving my grandpa here.... He continued studying in malaya until the fund was out n he was forced to come out n work.. That's when he was working for his uncle in the coffee shop as a coffee boy... Then later as a taxi driver in his adult hood... N later in his 30's, that was when he got enough money to start his business...

This business has bring him lots of up and down as he did not have any experience doing business at all... Those experience was learned upon running this business.... N now that its got to my uncle's hand, its going down the drain... They don't even know if they are making a profit or loss...

In this business, its not only my grandfather the one who put effort in it... My late grandmother also did a lot to bring up the business..... My grandfather was responsible to look for more business opportunities to sell his goods and all...where else my grandmother runs the internal affairs of the business... From managing the workers, stock taking, loading the drinks to the lorries with their workers , collecting money and paper works like managing the accounts n going to the bank... They had to work even on a sunday last time.... I remembered they had about 6-7 workers working with them last time... 5-6 lorries as well, 2 forklifts to life all the drinks... Talking about forklifts, my late grandmother was very good at it... she lift the tonnes of drinks like a pro....

She wasn't only good at doing business, but she was also good as a mother to my mother, a grandmother to us, a good house wife, and even a good wife to my grandfather....


I guess i shall just stop here... Getting very emo edi.. shall continue other time...

In loving memories of Mdm. Cheng Ah Ngor....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sUnDay tHe 15th -aPRil 2007

DOGGIE

Life is just so unfaiR....